Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scrappin' for Home Decor

I *Love* to scrapbook. But sometimes I get discouraged placing my hard work inside of albums. The Frame is a $5 frame that I bought at Wal-Mart. I lightly sanded and painted Ivory. After it was dry I painted it Autumn Brown which I lightly took off using a wet paper towel. When The light brown dried I went through and painted a dark brown in the cracks and I wiped off with a paper towel. Then Gabe sprayed it with a clear Krylon and we let it set overnight.

I love this picture. It captures the essence of my daughter. So I tried to match it as best as I could. The frame is 11x14. So I stitched the 2 papers (Stampin' Up!) together using an "in-stitchz" template from Bazzill! (love those!) Then I used my Silhouette to cut out her name!!! I had the "Cherish" rub-on in my stash. I was dying to use ribbon, but I wanted to keep it simple!!!!

Stay Warm, Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment